Family History Research

The Museum of Military Medicine does not hold service records for individual
personnel. The only details we have are for officers who held a regular commission with the Army Medical Department and the RAMC until 1960. There are also some records for Veterinary Officers.

Service records for men and women discharged prior to 1920 are held at The National Archives ( All other service records are held at the Army Personnel Centre and copies of these records can only be accessed by next-of-kin.

The museum has a small booklet available with useful advice for researching relatives who served with the AMS. Please send SAE if you would like a copy

Make a Research Enquiry